Georgetown Title Co., has been serving residents and businesses in Williamson County for more than 120 years. Founded by Georgetown resident John Newton Ellyson, The Guarantee Abstract Company first opened its doors in 1893. It was later renamed Georgetown Title Company, Inc., when it was purchased by James A. Rehler in 1965.
Claude Hays became the manager of Georgetown Title Co., in 1970, and purchased the company from Mr. Rehler in 1975. It has remained a family business for nearly 40 years, with three generations currently on staff.